Thursday 25 October 2012

Coconut Ice-Cream

This week has been a bit of a re-feeding week for me. I'm not a big craver of McDonald's or crappy food I love making my own nice food and I love ice cream! 

Wednesday night I trained legs for the first time in 2 weeks and it was great, I did a PB of 80kg for 4 reps = it was great I then did sled runs up and down the gym & then Crossfit type legs workout, some burpees and all that fun stuff. 

I came home and made a kanga banga curried sausage dish and had leftover coconut milk so thought mmm ICE CREAM!

You need an ice-cream maker for this recipe, never fear though James bought me a $30 one from home-mart so make the investment for this dairy free, no added sugar clean treat!

You need full fat coconut milk - pay the extra 50c for the brands without added junk like thickeners or crap. Don't be afraid of the full fat stuff, fat is all good for you, makes you strong and healthy. And yep I am not dieting anymore so I know I will be putting on a little weight in order to grow muscle and just generally be healthy, happy and sane! I really appreciate any compliments on my comp photos but be aware not many competitors look like that all year round!

So Ingredients: Serves 4 - 2 big serves & 2 small serves

  1. 1.5 cans full fat coconut milk
  2. 10 prunes pitted and torn up
  3. 5 teaspoons psyllium husk (has like a gelatin effect and I had no gelatin)
  4. 1/3 cup crumbled walnuts
  5. 1/2 cup desiccated coconut 
  6. Optional Honey to serve - James needed this
Method
  1. Whack it all in trusty little machine and wait for about 30-45mins or until thickens!
  2. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment