It's awesome, she taught me pretty much everything I know, from Adelaide... yep that lady has skills!
I really felt like her oats last week but I have an insatiable coconut thing going on at the moment and have no WPI in the house, so what's a girl to do!?
Improvise! For any of you that like to train you will be familiar with eggy oats, also with the fact the oats can get weird solid egg bits and just be ruined so you have to choke down the bowl and feel like you ingested the appropriate protein/carb breakfast fuel. Gross.
No-one wants to eat a weird combination of poached egg flavours with watery oats.
Some tips for this recipe though, buy the frozen egg whites, they taste less eggy and don't solidify so quickly and won't make you sick if they don't get cooked through.
This makes a giant looking bowl of oats with surprisingly little ingredients. I love a big breakfast, enjoy the illusion of a whopping amount of food this gives you!
Ingredients - Serves 1 -
(double/triple oats & coconut and add WPI scoop if you need more calories)
- 30gm Oats
- 2 teaspoons dessicated coconut
- 1 long black (200ml?)
- 1/2 cup pasteurised eggs whites (preferably)
- Get that water boiling - I like really inflated oats, I probably had at least 2 cups of water boiling
- Add oats and coconut to water
- Let it boil away till it is a thick, almost ready to serve consistency
- Add the long black to the pot and let boil down again - the oats by now will have doubled in size
- Once it is almost ready add egg whites and stir until combined and the whole mixture looks cooked and delicious.
- You can add more or less water to your liking!