Friday 26 October 2012

Mexican Chicken & Cauli Rice

I love paleomg.com it's awesome. I think Juli is hilarious and now use the phrase "are you picking up what I'm putting down" because of her.

Her recipes are easy and delicious. The two keys things I love in a good recipe.

Yes I used the slow cooker yesterday night but it's so handy and coming home to a house that smells good is just plain awesome.

I like shredded meat. It soaks up all the stock and flavours and you can eat it cold on salads or hot - whatever you like! This recipe is almost exactly like Juli's so she can have all the credit, I just cooked a bigger batch and don't have a ricer and substituted anything I didn't have on hand!

This week is exciting for me because it's the first time I'm eating anything I want with as many veges as I want. It's all clean too & tastes awesome & can be frozen & isn't too expensive - WIN!

Ingredients:

Chicken
  1. 1 kilo Chicken Breast - trimmed
  2. 3 brown onions - cut in about 8 segments each
  3. 1 cup chicken stock
  4. 1 x 400gm can diced tomatoes
  5. 2 teaspoon minced garlic
  6. 1 tablespoon chili powder
  7. 2 teaspoons cumin powder
  8. 1 teaspoon oregano
Cauli Rice
  1. 1 head of cauliflower
  2. 1/2 lime, juiced squeezed
  3. 1 teaspoon coriander ground - whichever you have!
  4. 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  5. 1 tablespoon olive oil
  6. pinch of salt
Method:
  1. Pour stock in slow cooker
  2. Mix garlic, chili, cumin & oregano together
  3. Rub on Chicken
  4. Put Chicken in slow cooker, drown in tomatoes and toss the onions on top!
  5. Let it cook while you are at work on low
  6. Come home to delicious-ness
  7. 30min before dinner preheat oven to 180 degrees (or just eat chicken and vege for dinner - rice is totally optional!)
Rice
  1. Haphazardly chop the cauliflower into little random bits if you don't have a ricer
  2. Mix the salt, coriander and oil through all of those bit of cauliflower and lay out in a baking dish and bake for about 30mins
  3. Break up the cooked cauli with utensils or your hands - whatever really floats your boat
  4. Drizzle with the juice when cooked.
Serve it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment