Her recipes are easy and delicious. The two keys things I love in a good recipe.
Yes I used the slow cooker yesterday night but it's so handy and coming home to a house that smells good is just plain awesome.
I like shredded meat. It soaks up all the stock and flavours and you can eat it cold on salads or hot - whatever you like! This recipe is almost exactly like Juli's so she can have all the credit, I just cooked a bigger batch and don't have a ricer and substituted anything I didn't have on hand!
This week is exciting for me because it's the first time I'm eating anything I want with as many veges as I want. It's all clean too & tastes awesome & can be frozen & isn't too expensive - WIN!
- 1 kilo Chicken Breast - trimmed
- 3 brown onions - cut in about 8 segments each
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 x 400gm can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 lime, juiced squeezed
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground - whichever you have!
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Pour stock in slow cooker
- Mix garlic, chili, cumin & oregano together
- Rub on Chicken
- Put Chicken in slow cooker, drown in tomatoes and toss the onions on top!
- Let it cook while you are at work on low
- Come home to delicious-ness
- 30min before dinner preheat oven to 180 degrees (or just eat chicken and vege for dinner - rice is totally optional!)
- Haphazardly chop the cauliflower into little random bits if you don't have a ricer
- Mix the salt, coriander and oil through all of those bit of cauliflower and lay out in a baking dish and bake for about 30mins
- Break up the cooked cauli with utensils or your hands - whatever really floats your boat
- Drizzle with the juice when cooked.