Poor prunes get a bad wrap for being for old people or upsetting your tummy. They are most definitely for young people and your tummy will be fine with this recipe.
I love fruit and meat. Fruit is sugar, sugar is a carb, you can have this and not really need potato / rice / pasta whatever takes your fancy if you like. I had this for breakfast today. I was running late and it came straight from the slow cooker and smelt awesome, breakky doesn't have to be cereal!
I've packed it for lunch with some steamed greens, it's going to be great. James trains like a demon and burns more calories so he has cannellini bean mash with his today.
So here is how you do it:
- 1.5kg Lamb Shoulder or another cut - pick whatever is on special! - trim this up and discard fat
- 3 brown onions - cut into about 8 segments each
- 1 cup prunes (pitted)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put the stock in the slow cooker
- Mix together garlic, ginger, lime juice and cinnamon
- Rub the mix all over the lamb
- Put the lamb in the slow cooker
- Toss in the onions on top
- Sprinkle over all the prunes
- Leave cook for 8-12 hours on low
Thats it - you are ready to eat!
Excuse the photos. I have an iPhone and dodgy lighting! It doesn't look beautiful but it is easy and tasty!