Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sweet Potato Brownies

Being the keeper of this blog allows me to do awesome things like see what gets people going. Do people like to read about sweet delicious things or beef?

These are the questions I get to ask myself on the weekend.

Turns out you mostly loved the coconut ice cream, so I've made another sweet-ish treat from paleomg.com the recipe is slightly different because I had different ingredients on hand and don't know where to/I am too lazy/busy to source the magical healthy chocolate - so carob had to do; once you are done here please check out her blog because it is amazeballs!

I also put these in the freezer when they are cooled and they are like a chewy frozen brownie - I say yum, other people may read that last sentence and never attempt a recipe of mine again.

Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
  • 3 tablespoons psyllium husk
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk - full fat
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened carob powder
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon mixed spice

  •  

    Method
    1. Baked the sweet potato - stab it with a fork a few times so it doesn't ooze and go feral, put it in to a 200 degree oven for about an hour
    2. Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 180 degrees. DO NOT think you are smart and put it in a food processor, I did this the first time around and it wouldn't set properly in the oven and the mixture stayed 'wet'.
    3. Combine all wet ingredients and mix about: coconut milk, honey and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
    4. Then add your dry ingredients: coconut, carob powder, baking powder, psyllium husk, mixed spice and salt .
    5. Mix well together it will look all brown and brownie-like
    6. Pour into a square or rectangle baking dish
    7. Bake for 45min to an hour.
    8. Let rest to cool and (My preference) is to put them in the freezer and eat them frozen!
    9. One batch made about 8 serves for me!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment