These are the questions I get to ask myself on the weekend.
Turns out you mostly loved the coconut ice cream, so I've made another sweet-ish treat from paleomg.com the recipe is slightly different because I had different ingredients on hand and don't know where to/I am too lazy/busy to source the magical healthy chocolate - so carob had to do; once you are done here please check out her blog because it is amazeballs!
I also put these in the freezer when they are cooled and they are like a chewy frozen brownie - I say yum, other people may read that last sentence and never attempt a recipe of mine again.
- Baked the sweet potato - stab it with a fork a few times so it doesn't ooze and go feral, put it in to a 200 degree oven for about an hour
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 180 degrees. DO NOT think you are smart and put it in a food processor, I did this the first time around and it wouldn't set properly in the oven and the mixture stayed 'wet'.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix about: coconut milk, honey and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut, carob powder, baking powder, psyllium husk, mixed spice and salt .
- Mix well together it will look all brown and brownie-like
- Pour into a square or rectangle baking dish
- Bake for 45min to an hour.
- Let rest to cool and (My preference) is to put them in the freezer and eat them frozen!
- One batch made about 8 serves for me!