You can make your own coconut milk with a chux cloth, coconut flakes, water and blender. I'm good in the kitchen but that just sounds like a lot of work for me. Enter first world problems. I want a good blender / food processor. It is on my wish list. I currently own a stick mix thingo. It's great, don't get me wrong I can do heaps with it. I use it almost every second day but I want a Vitamix or similar, they are $950. Not. Going. To. Happen. Unless I become sponsored. Highly Unlikely. Canned will have to do today.
Anyway, today is a carrot cake, mainly because I had a lot of leftover carrots and I'm loving ginger/spices at the moment.
Ingredients - Makes about 10 slices
- 180gm or 4 average carrots, large grated
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 5 cloves ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Great carrots using your cheese grater.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Put all wet ingredient (aside from the carrot) in a food processor and mix well
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients and the carrot - mix well
- Place mixture in a loaf pan and bake for 45min to 1hr depending on oven
- Let cool and enjoy!