I'm off chicken for a little while to see if it has any positive effects for me and didn't want to be eating red meat 3 times a day so eggs it was!
The vege drawer was pretty empty, except for the celery and carrots, I didn't feel like carrots, and I had about 100/150gm of left over grilled trout from last nights dinner. Frittata is honestly so easy - you can add a whole variety of meats & veges & it's an awesome little snack on the go full of goodness and protein!
Yields 6 single serves
- 6 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites (Don't throw out the yolks - give 1 a day to the dog or something- it's great for their coat!)
- Leftover meats - however much (150-300gm would be good I'd say)
- 3 long stalks of celery sliced (or any other veges)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Combine 6 whole eggs and 6 whites in a bowl
- Whisk through meat and veges
- Add herbs and stir through
- Pour into 8" by 8" square dish (any size will really work here)
- Cook for 40min or until set and cooked through
- Place under a grill for 10min to brown the top
- Eat hot or let cool and cut up for work snacks!