Sunday 4 November 2012

Chocolate Mousse

Ok I lied. I lied to lure you in because carob just doesn't sound as yummy.

I was attempting coconut free ice cream and the mixture set super quick and was mousse like so mousse it is.

This is pretty tasty and probably (I'm estimating here) pretty low calorie for a dessert. The mixture set hard on the surface of the ice-cream maker - if this happens to you just get a fork and pry it off like little chocolate frozen shards!

PS while I'm writing this there is a show on SBS about trying to produce quality free range food for the masses that is affordable - everyone wants it but it's too expensive! In the UK you can pay 1 pound 60 pence for 20 meatballs that's like $3.20 ! - that's insane and I'd say plumped up with lots of non meaty things like fat 27% apparently 179 different animals for 1 tiny meatball! Now they are talking about what happens to non wanted animals i.e. boy jersey cows. They are so cute. I think I should turn this over now, James is away and I think I might cry.

It's interesting but I just got off topic, this post is not about beef, sorry for ruining the chocolate-y happy vibe I had going on - so back to the mousse!

You do need that handy ice cream maker you purchased for $30 last week for this.

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/4 cup psyllium husk
  • 2 teaspoons unsweetened carob powder
  • 6 egg yolks (keep the whites for breakky!!)
  • 2 teaspoons natural vanilla essence
Method
  1. Whisk all ingredient to combine
  2. Put in Ice-Cream Maker for about 15 minutes
  3. Divide into 3 cups and put into freezer for 10 mins
  4. Take out and stir!

No comments:

Post a Comment