Friday 2 November 2012

Coffee Coconut Ice-Cream

So I'm trying the whole blood group / genotype diet thing, it says both coffee and coconut are bad for Gatherer O+ types, as well as almond milk, so I figure I may as well get my fix before I trial taking these things out of my diet!

So far I've just removed chicken, dairy & wheat (But not oats!). I'm not ready to look at week without coconut, coffee or almond milk just yet!

This Ice-Cream is delicious. A great tip is to leave the can of coconut milk in the fridge the night before - it starts colder and the ice cream will set faster!

Ingredients
  1. 4 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup water ( you can do a double shot or more of coffee if you have a coffee machine - I just find you get a stronger flavour with instant coffee without adding too much extra liquid)
  2. 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  3. 2/3 cup dessicated coconut
  4. 1 can full fat coconut milk
  5. 3 heaped teaspoons psylllium husk (acts as a setting & thickening agent)
  6. 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
Method
  • Pour all ingredients into the Ice Cream maker and stir to combine
  • Let the magic happen for about 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment