Sunday 11 November 2012

Date and Coconut Balls

On Friday night James cooked dinner, it was really good! Although he forgot dessert and quite frankly I find dessert almost, if not more exciting that dinner. I also had wine which invariably makes me hungry.

So after 2 large-ish glasses of Shiraz I decided to make dessert with whatever I had in the pantry. I've made Teresa Cutters Chocolate Protein Power Balls before but actually had none of those ingredients bar the coconut so it was time to get creative!

I had:
  1. Dried Dates
  2. Various Spices
  3. Desiccated Coconut
  4. Water
These actually turned out really good on Saturday Morning once they were chilled and in the fridge. 

Really easy snack to make on the go!

Ingredients - Makes about 15:
  • 40 dried pitted dates
  • 200gm desiccated coconut
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened carob powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Extra coconut for rolling
Method
  1. Combine all ingredient in a blender or food processor to combine - it should be slightly tacky to touch
  2. Roll the mixture into firm balls between your palms (errm that sentence sounds awful - sorry!?)
  3. Roll the balls in coconut and put in a container to cool
  4. Store in the fridge! will last about 2 weeks *if* they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment