So after 2 large-ish glasses of Shiraz I decided to make dessert with whatever I had in the pantry. I've made Teresa Cutters Chocolate Protein Power Balls before but actually had none of those ingredients bar the coconut so it was time to get creative!
- Dried Dates
- Various Spices
- Desiccated Coconut
These actually turned out really good on Saturday Morning once they were chilled and in the fridge.
Really easy snack to make on the go!
Ingredients - Makes about 15:
- 40 dried pitted dates
- 200gm desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp unsweetened carob powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup water
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Combine all ingredient in a blender or food processor to combine - it should be slightly tacky to touch
- Roll the mixture into firm balls between your palms (errm that sentence sounds awful - sorry!?)
- Roll the balls in coconut and put in a container to cool
- Store in the fridge! will last about 2 weeks *if* they last!