As I said yesterday I have too many carrots. I made Carrot Cake - that was delicious but I wanted to do something savoury too and I'd made the pork in advance so really this recipe is just a side dish. I also had sweet potato - two orange vegetables full of vitamins and greatness.
People may tell you carrots have too much sugar in them. These people are either bodybuilders - who granted, yes may need to know this or pseudo dieters who have tried jenny craig / weight watchers/ lemon detox and right now are drinking a diet coke after their morning muffin criticising people who eat peas and carrots. Carrots don't have too much sugar, I can tell you this with confidence. If you are avoiding vegetables because of the sugar content I hope you are almost ready to jump on stage for the Arnold's or something because there is just no need. Anyway - end rant.
I lied when I even said this is a recipe - it's more a tricky way of preparing veges.
Ingredients: Served James and I for one meal:
- 1 sml/med Sweet Potato - thinly julienne sliced on a mandolin
- 3 average sized Carrots - thinly julienne sliced on a mandolin
- Pat the spaghetti veges between paper towel
- Pre Heat a large fry pan and drizzle a little olive oil
- Add all the spaghetti-ed vege to the pan and cook for 10-15 mins until cook through but so they still hold their shape
- Serve with your desired meat!