Saturday 24 November 2012

Mango and Passion-fruit Ice Cream

Today is Stereosonic. I see a few people that read this blog aren't from Australia, so for you guys it is a music festival - full of steriody muscly tan people and women who look a little like geordie/jersey shore doubles.

I wouldn't say I'm going begrudgingly, I'm looking forward to hot weather and dancing. Who doesn't like dancing!?  I only know 2 acts from the whole day and 2 songs from one of those;so needless to say it's going to be new and fun regardless of what is playing, AND since I don't expect anything I can't be disappointed!

Anyway the whole shorts thing is exciting, I bought my first pair of denim shorts in about 4 years this week. I feel young and cool again. I'm driving though, I know that isn't cool but I was only pretending in the first place to be cool so it's not really that shocking, I'm also packing food. OK I get it... any cool vibe I had going at the start of this post has gone. However I bought an entire new outfit, so people will be none the wiser to my lame-ness.

James bought me lots of mangoes this week. It's what happens when you live together, presents and surprises are smaller and normally food related. "Hey babe, surprise I bought you mangoes!"...  He bought me a whole tray obviously he loves, like, a whole lot.

I've eaten a lot of mangoes but draw the line when they get a bit squidgy. Enter frozen mango deliciousness.

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe mangoes
  • 3 passionfruit
  • 1 can full fat coconut milk
  • 3 tsp psyllium husk
Methods
  • Combine all ingredients in the long stick whiz container (go here to see what I'm talking about) 
  • Pour into ice-cream maker and let it do it's thing for 30 mins!
  • Enjoy - top with a little passionfruit if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment