Everyone has to love banana bread. It is delicious. I had an awesome spelt banana bread going on, and then I decided to ditch the grains so experimenting I went.
I made this on Saturday - it lasted till Sunday. There are only 2 people in our house... yes it was delicious.
It was nice and moist, I hate that word but dense doesn't do it justice. This doesn't rise as much as other cakes but don't stress - its lovely all the same.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup water - used to get the right consistency
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Blitz the banana first with a stick mix
- Add all other ingredient but leave the water and 1/3 cup walnuts aside.
- Blitz until smooth, use as much water as you need to get a cake mix consistency if you think it is too dry
- Fold in the other 1/3 cup walnuts
- Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 90mins !