I spend 80% of my morning when I am supposed to be getting ready for work making breakfast. I love breakfast and will happily wake up earlier to make a nice breakfast as opposed to eating something lack lustre in the car and sleeping in.
I bought my first peaches of the season during the week. My only issue with peaches is I hate pretending to be all fancy and doing the old cut in half and twist business to discover they are cling seeds and not the other type. I don't even know if they are specific types but I'm disappointed when my small repertoire of chef skills don't come to fruition but hey, I got there in the end!
Also I use Jamie Oliver's Pans - they are awesome and only need a little oil (like a wipe with a kitchen towel) to stop things sticking. I'm sure any brand will work well, I can only vouch for what I use I guess. I don't understand people who hate kitchen gifts. James bought home these pans and I thought he was awesome, however I can understand the disappointment if it was like a lettuce spinner or a potato peeler. Different story all together.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 6 egg whites (180ml pasteurised egg whites if you use them)
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons dessicated coconut
- 1 peach - segmented
- 2 teaspoons dessicated occonut
- Enough almond milk to get a smooth consistency
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Heat large fry pan up and wipe with olive oil
- Mix together, coconut, egg whites and psyllium husk
- Pour half the mixture into the fry pan and turn when browned, cook for a further 2 min, Repeat with other half of the mixture
- On a larger dinner plate arrange half a peach inside each crepe and put back in fry pan folded over to heat the peach through
- Once warmed place on a plate and top with the coconut milk and almond milk mixture, sprinkle with cinnamon!