Wednesday 14 November 2012

Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes

Remember yesterday I said you can use Pumpkin for a whole load of things including muffins? Well after I bought my trusty coconut flour I got experimenting on Sunday and baked my little heart out.

Sarah Wilson made some lovely little muffins on her blog. I didn't want them quite so savoury though, I was thinking of something sort of like spicy carrot cake... after my spicy ginger tea I bought from Leura I was feeling a ginger-y cinnamon-y type cupcake was in store.

These aren't beautiful little cupcakes, they are dense to look at but surprisingly fluffy on the inside, next time I'd be tempted to add a little more flour or almond meal, never the less though they tasted lovely. I baked them for a long time though - close to 45min-1hr - again I am SURE this is because I have a dodgy oven.

Ingredients - made around 8 or 9 for me
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • Pinch salt
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 3 large eggs
  • ½ cup freshly roasted pumpkin
  • ½ cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180° Celsius
  2. In a food processor pulse together coconut flour, salt, baking powder & cinnamon
  3. Whizz in eggs, pumpkin, honey, ginger, coconut oil and vanilla essence
  4. Transfer batter into paper lined muffin tins
  5. Bake at 180°C for 45mins to 1hr in a dodgy oven or until slightly golden and springy to touch in a regular oven
  6. Serve warm or let cool and take to work at snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment