Sarah Wilson made some lovely little muffins on her blog. I didn't want them quite so savoury though, I was thinking of something sort of like spicy carrot cake... after my spicy ginger tea I bought from Leura I was feeling a ginger-y cinnamon-y type cupcake was in store.
These aren't beautiful little cupcakes, they are dense to look at but surprisingly fluffy on the inside, next time I'd be tempted to add a little more flour or almond meal, never the less though they tasted lovely. I baked them for a long time though - close to 45min-1hr - again I am SURE this is because I have a dodgy oven.
Ingredients - made around 8 or 9 for me
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup freshly roasted pumpkin
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius
- In a food processor pulse together coconut flour, salt, baking powder & cinnamon
- Whizz in eggs, pumpkin, honey, ginger, coconut oil and vanilla essence
- Transfer batter into paper lined muffin tins
- Bake at 180°C for 45mins to 1hr in a dodgy oven or until slightly golden and springy to touch in a regular oven
- Serve warm or let cool and take to work at snacks!