Saturday 17 November 2012

Sticky Date & Lamb Riblets

I love it when you are truly exhausted, and you come home to a really good meal. This was my Friday night. I gave training absolutely everything I had and came home to delicious ribs. I prefaced my blog with you you do not like meat this probably isn't the blog for you, I told someone at work I was having lamb riblets for dinner and she was horrified.

I have a new outlook on meat and about eating the fat (granted these had a lot of fat). About 90% of my meat is super lean so if my 'cheat' is organic lamb riblets then so be it. Sarah Wilson touches on eating meat respectfully - i.e. not tossing bits out. I try to live by the same sort of mantra with most of the food I buy. I don't toss out much. If I can cook something, even for Molly I'll try. Anywho if you have issues with lamb, rib, fat or dates... just look away now!

Sticky date & Lamb Riblets - serves 2 with 3 ribs for Molly...

  • 1 tbs coconut butter
  • 1 3/4 cup vegetable stock
  • 1  red onion, sliced
  • 2 tsp ginger, minced
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1kg Lamb Riblets
  • 100g pitted dates, halved
  • 2 tbs crushed almonds & Salad to serve

Method:

  1. Pour the stock in the Slow Cooker
  2. Arrange ribs in one layer
  3. Add all the other stuff on top (Not the almonds and salad guys...)
  4. Leave for 8-10hrs on low
  5. Serve with Salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment