Friday 9 November 2012

Strawberry Adult Ice Cream

OK calm down it's not adult xxx but more in the fact I included a liqueur.

My ice-cream tastes delicious but if you are trying not to turn into a blimp you will eat a little bit and put the rest in the freezer - problem is it sets hard like a rock and then you have the awkward waiting time for it to defrost and the outside melts and the inside is still hard. Frustrating.

So I included a little strawberry cream liqueur that I bought in Austria about 5 years ago. Don't judge. All the other recipes use it and apparently it stops the rock like freezing.

I also included about 30gm of 180 nutrition's coconut WPI. zomg. yum.

My PT got me on to this - it's all natural with essential fats and is very yum - it $14.95 for a 4 serve sample pack, its pricey but all supplements are - just remember it is a supplement not a meal replacement!!!(ladies especially!)

I could eat the powder alone as a paste. I'm glad in a way I only bought sample packs because while James is away it's so easy to be bored at home (no offence Molly) and pass my time by eating and reading. Don't get me wrong, these are 2 great past-times it's just easy to over-do it on the delicious scale.

Ingredients - makes about 3 small serves
  1. 1.5 cans full fat coconut milk
  2. 45ml Strawberry Cream Liqueur
  3. 30gm WPI ( I used 180 nutrition - it has seeds and nuts and other great things in there too )
  4. 3 heaped teaspoons of psyllium husk
Method
  • For people who may have attempted my recipe and had it not work, reading the instruction on your ice cream maker helps haha!- the silver part needs to have been it the freezer for at least 8 hrs prior!
  • Mix everything together in a separate bowl, pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and quickly put on the lid and get it churning so it doesn't freeze to the sides.
  • It will take about 20-30mins to get to the consistency in the pic below!

No comments:

Post a Comment