Wednesday 19 December 2012

Thai Beef Salad

Apologies for the hiatus. I've still been cooking but haven't had the time to get experimental. Truth be told I make Shredded Lamb with Ginger and Prunes and Curried Kanga Bangas about once a week each. I too have staples!

I have been into salads and easy, fast meals lately, I think I may have overdone it on nuts lately, unfortunate as I'm headed to Thailand - land of bikinis and little clothing.

Easy Thai Beef Salad

You will need a mandolin to 'spaghetti' veges

Ingredients:
  • 2 x carrots 'spaghetti-ed'
  • 2 x cucumbers 'spaghetti-ed'
  • 2 shallots finely sliced
  • 1/2 capsicum cut into thin strips
  • Beef - we had grass fed rump 1/2 a kilo for 2 serves
Thai Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 3 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3 finely sliced chopped chilli
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Steps:
  1. Combine in a large glass bowl all of your veges
  2. Whisk all sauce ingredients together and pour over veges
  3. Mix around and make sure all veges are covered
  4. Cook steak on BBQ - this should take about 5 mins? 
  5. Let rest  and set the table.
  6. Dish up the veges, add extra chilli if you like and arrange the sliced beef on top to serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment