Monday 18 February 2013

Roast Almond and Dark Chocolate Coconut Ice-Cream

Say it with me. dec·a·dent (d k -d nt, d -k d nt).

Because that's what this ice-cream is! SO delicious but gosh don't eat it every day. In fact train your butt off then enjoy it because it has a lovely calorie hit. (I just did the maths - you don't want to know - feel free to plug ingredients into calorie king, but as I said I don't want nutrition info on this blog so Google it and just keep it to yourself!)

It is relatively low in sugar but it is full of delicious things like coconut cream, roast almonds and 85% cocoa chocolate.

When I cook I'm not always thinking about my blog and I don't often measure things, especially if I am eating and cooking for enjoyment alone. I never understood when I read recipes and the cook suggested I just notice when something is cooked or add to 'taste' It would freak me out, I would be like "Well is that 1 teaspoon or 3?!?"

It's sometimes an afterthought when I realise I've created something yumm that I think 'BLOG'! Anyway the moral is this served 2 - 1 bigger serve, one smaller serve and about (1/2 cup of wastage that I didn't want to keep), but you can add more or less of the ingredients I used because truth be told I'm guesstimating what I used!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 x Ayam 270ml Coconut Cream
  • 1/2 cup smashed Roasted Almonds
  • Approx 1/3 block Green and Blacks 85% cocoa dark chocolate
  • 1 tsp natural vanilla essence
Method
  1. Crush the whole almonds in a mortar and pestle
  2. Chop the chocolate up into little delicious chips
  3. Combine all ingredients in a container and whisk together
  4. Pour into Ice-cream maker - lets it do its thing for 30 minutes, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment