The crappier steaks made a rendang, the sausages a curry for James, the lean steak to the bbq with the lamb chops and I was left with pork chops and pork ribs.
I'm not about to discriminate, if it comes from the same animal all for one / one for all in this recipe.
The pork was a little fatty... I just cut off the visible fat that I could, I am bulking for the minute but I'm not trying to roll into my next skin fold.
This recipe is based on Juli Bauer's of her website paleomg. Mine is the slightly more available/ lazy / make do with what I have version. Also it's made in a a slow cooker. It's well documented this is my favourite appliance.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 7 hours - mine did 12 hours and was slightly overcooked!
- 4 pork ribs fatty outer layer / skin removed
- 2 pork chops fatty outer layer / skin removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli
- 4 birds eye chilli sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place ribs and chops in the slow cooker
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, other than the ribs.
- Pour marinade over the ribs
- Add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of water
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Shred the meat and let it soak of the juices in the slow cooker
- Serve with veges! I had mine with asparagus and spaghetti squash!