Tuesday 9 April 2013

Dark Choc Chip Banana Bread

I get so nervous letting people try my food. I like it, James rarely complains and that's all I really have to please but handing out 'healthier' versions of favourite treats makes me so nervous.

It actually takes me a while to warm up to people, I'm normally blissfully happy with James, Molly & training and then occasionally branch out to include other people in my life. I'm really chatty in my blog but in real life it takes me a while to get comfortable with people. I'm sure I'm a hermit at heart, so handing out food to near on strangers is like heart palpitation stuff.

At least if I just give you the recipe and it sucks you can curse me in private!

Anywho the sweet potato chai muffins I would say were at best a 4/10.

The sweet potato brownies just flopped - major-ley - they were bad.

But this banana bread - it was awesome. One person did say it tasted like I added fibro to the mix but I'm not sure if he was just joking.

The recipe is based on the one from the civilised caveman - with a twist!

Ingredients:
  • 4 bananas mashed
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup nut butter (I used organic peanut)
  • 4 tablespoons macadamia oil
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • Sprinkle of nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup organic 85% dark chocolate 
Method:

  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
  2. Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a food processor and mix well 
  3. Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg and mix well
  4. Whizz the chocolate in the food processors so that it is crumbly and broken down - fold into the batter
  5. Grease a loaf pan
  6. Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
  7. Place in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
  8. Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
  9. Slice and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment