It actually takes me a while to warm up to people, I'm normally blissfully happy with James, Molly & training and then occasionally branch out to include other people in my life. I'm really chatty in my blog but in real life it takes me a while to get comfortable with people. I'm sure I'm a hermit at heart, so handing out food to near on strangers is like heart palpitation stuff.
At least if I just give you the recipe and it sucks you can curse me in private!
Anywho the sweet potato chai muffins I would say were at best a 4/10.
The sweet potato brownies just flopped - major-ley - they were bad.
But this banana bread - it was awesome. One person did say it tasted like I added fibro to the mix but I'm not sure if he was just joking.
The recipe is based on the one from the civilised caveman - with a twist!
- 4 bananas mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used organic peanut)
- 4 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup organic 85% dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine your bananas, eggs, and nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a food processor and mix well
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg and mix well
- Whizz the chocolate in the food processors so that it is crumbly and broken down - fold into the batter
- Grease a loaf pan
- Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
- Slice and serve