Thursday 11 April 2013

Juli's Recipe: Crockpot Beef and Mushroom Stew

Crockpot is American for Slow Cooker.

If you want to google recipes - google crockpot to get started.

Reasons to love &/or use your slow cooker:
  1. The house smells delicious. 
  2. Little to no effort is required - chop & throw the ingredients in there!
  3. Save your hard earned moolah $. Yes eye fillet steak is amazing but cheaper cuts can taste just as good in the slow cooker.
  4. Easy Clean-Up. One pot! Hoorah!
  5. Cook in Bulk - I cook whole legs of lamb at the time, and freeze portions - no excuses for take-away!
  6. Your food is ready when you come home! You switch it on in the morning and dinner is waiting for you in the evening - it doesn't get more convenient. 
  7. Even crappy cooks can make nice food. It's true. 
I often google other people's food blogs, I love Juli's blog her recipes are simple and she is hilarious. 

I gave her Crockpot Beef and Mushroom Stew a go - it was awesome, I didn't have onion powder & I added leek and carrots. 

So good to come home too!


No comments:

Post a Comment