After yesterday's withdrawal from society and recuperation I feel better and little more recharged!
To be honest these meatballs were super easy but they were missing something, I think it might have been chilli? I'm not sure but please have a play around with what I've done so far and if you would like; let me know what you've added to the mix.
I watched MKR last night and got jealous of the pressure cooker they used to cook shanks. I think I want to cook shanks soon!
I'm pretty happy with my slow cooker though to be honest. I'd need to know what I could cook differently in order to make the full investment! Beans is a good start though and tomato bases to avoid BPA... I'll get there - I may be moving house so I'll wait till then!
Ok so meatballs...
- 1kg free range pork mince
- 2 eggs
- 2 green apples grated
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 tins diced tomatoes
- Pour diced tomatoes into your slow cooker
- Grind all dry spices in a mortar and pestle
- Add spices along with grated apple & garlic to mince - combine well
- Roll into meatballs & place in the slow cooker
- They will be tight, like meaty neighbours.
- Set it on low for when you are at work
- When you come home carefully remove the meatballs and drain the fat off the top of the sauce
- I used slim pasta for the first time last night, was good!