After cutting another finger on Monday - having 5 tears on my hands from CrossFit and now burning my right pointing finger my hands are so terrible. As I've said before I'm lucky I have a boyfriend as I have the hands of a lumberjack !
James had complained last night that dinners were getting too late. Fair enough, anything past 8 on a weeknight is probably too late, but in my defence some days training finished at 7.30 so by the time I got home I was cooking like a mad woman to get dinner done by 8.30.
I was so smart yesterday - preparation - and *almost* complete meal in a pot - with minimal washing up - another win. I put this is the slow cooker in layers. In my head I said layers just like Shrek did.
- 1/4 of a Kent Pumpkin - chopped into chunky cubes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- dash of celtic sea salt
- 1 kilo lean pork
- 2 apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the pumpkin as a first layer in the slow cooker, add all other first layer ingredients
- Place the pork on top of the pumpkin
- Combine the oil, honey, cinnamon and mustard powder - stir into a paste and over the pork
- Top with onions and apple
- Let cook in slow cooker on low for however long you are at work - in my case about 10hrs.
- When it's cooked take out the pork from on top and place on a plate, stir up the pumpkin underneath
- Serve in 2 layers with pumpkin on the bottom and shredded pork on top