Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Lazy Girls Guide to Bolognese

One morning last week:

* 8am am pouring wine into slow cooker*

James: What are you doing?
Me: Lazy Bolognese

This is also for guys. I'm not discriminating but seeing as in my house I do all the cooking I went for alliteration and girls guide got the title.

Anywho I've been busy lately and normally I'd cook bolognese on the stove top but I just could not be bothered. 13.5 was due to be released and I had to get my gym and attempt c2b's then get home and did not want to start this process from the beginning.

Plus I've a well know affability for the slow cooker. Brilliance in simplicity.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cans salt reduced diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1kg organic beef mince broken up
  • About 1/2 a bottle of red wine
  • 2 tbsp mixed herbs
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 2 brown onions segmented
  • 4 large mushroom diced chunkily
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
Method
  • Combine everything in that slow cooker - give it a few stirs
  • Turn it on low 
  • Go to work or wherever you need to go
  • Return home to deliciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment