My weekend was reasonably good - I saw the CrossFit Regionals on Saturday and that was insane. The athleticism on display was just crazy.
Here is a sample of ONE of the workouts over the 3 days
100 wall balls is hard - let alone the rest of the workout! On Friday I did 45 one legged squats after training and thought that was tough... The amount of six packs on display was also insane - the tag line for CrossFit is the sport of fitness & it really is - these athletes are strong, flexible and fit - and really nice! The atmosphere at a meet is buzzing - everyone is so supportive.
I left the meet questioning whether I even lifted. The women took strength to a new level!
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70g (2/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 140g (2/3 cup, natvia)
- 95g (1/2 cup) cocoa
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base of your slice pan and 2 opposite long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Combined flours, oats, coconut, natvia, cocoa in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter and egg. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon (or hands) to smooth the surface. Really push it in the pan!
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.