Wednesday 19 June 2013

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

So IIFYM macros!? Right?

These are treat time cookies, full of butter, sugar, flour and nuts. They are great, I even had one, James had a few and I shared them with work. I think home-made cooking just tastes so much better! 

At work we get mixed nuts, inevitably the peanuts are always left behind - we have heaps of them!

I decided with a girlfriend at work to take half home each and make them into something people would eat!

I made 29 cookies - I normally don't provide nutritional content but for anyone interested: 
Cals: 133
Fat: 8.6g
Carbs: 11.5g
Sugar: 5.5g
Protein: 3.3g

I only provided this because I think people exaggerate how 'bad' things are. No food is bad kidlets! ;-)

Ingredients: 
  • Leftover salted peanuts (about 2 cups worth)
  • 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon full cream milk
Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
  2. Firstly put all the peanuts in a food processor / magic bullet etc & whiz them up as much as you can - it won't be peanut butter but like tiny soft oily granules kinda?
  3. Add in the butter and sugar and whiz a bit more till it's sort of creamy
  4. Add in the vanilla, egg and milk - whiz a bit more
  5. Lastly add in the flour & baking soda and it will become dough like - don't ask to much of your food processor like I did - mine started smoking :-/ .....
  6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and bake in batches of 12 (or however many you can comfortably fit)
  7. Only bake for 10-12 minutes! Do not over bake - they will not be chewy and delicious then!


No comments:

Post a Comment