These are treat time cookies, full of butter, sugar, flour and nuts. They are great, I even had one, James had a few and I shared them with work. I think home-made cooking just tastes so much better!
At work we get mixed nuts, inevitably the peanuts are always left behind - we have heaps of them!
I decided with a girlfriend at work to take half home each and make them into something people would eat!
I made 29 cookies - I normally don't provide nutritional content but for anyone interested:
I only provided this because I think people exaggerate how 'bad' things are. No food is bad kidlets! ;-)
- Leftover salted peanuts (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Firstly put all the peanuts in a food processor / magic bullet etc & whiz them up as much as you can - it won't be peanut butter but like tiny soft oily granules kinda?
- Add in the butter and sugar and whiz a bit more till it's sort of creamy
- Add in the vanilla, egg and milk - whiz a bit more
- Lastly add in the flour & baking soda and it will become dough like - don't ask to much of your food processor like I did - mine started smoking :-/ .....
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and bake in batches of 12 (or however many you can comfortably fit)
- Only bake for 10-12 minutes! Do not over bake - they will not be chewy and delicious then!