Why do I want to eat more?
- Food is delicious
- My metabolism adapted to a low number and now I gain weight very easily
- I would one day perhaps like children, my body doesn't like making eggs any more after my comps / many years of the pill / other contributing factors
- I want to compete again one day but not have to do a ridiculous amount of cardio and diet crazily
Anyway - reverse dieting takes for-freaking-ever and I feel like I am #foreverbulking I feel enormous (I know I'm technically not), I am the heaviest I've ever been and I just want to lose some weight & lean up, however my calories are relatively low so it's not wise to do that. So I am stuck in a limbo of not eating a great deal, training hard and having nothing to show for it!
I want to stay positive, and cheer myself on, getting stronger and what not but this week is crap, totally crapola. I apologise to anyone who comes into contact with me, I am not positive nor bubbly. I'm just pissed off and feel like Shamu in a weightlifting belt.
Anyway back to food.
This week has been such a leftover week - I bought 30 eggs from the butcher on Friday so I made a Frittata - why 16 eggs? - 8 slices - 2 eggs per portion - genius.
- 16 eggs
- 3 tomatos diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms diced
- 1 bunch of kale roughly chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- Really you could used any veges you like / have left over
- Heat a saucepan and add a little oil /butter, add mushrooms first then tomatoes and kale & spices - cook down until mushrooms are mostly cooked and kales is wilted. Let cool
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl and mix well
- Add cooked veges and combine well
- Pour into a large shallow greased dish
- Cook at 180 degrees for 45 mins or until the centre is set.
Cut into 8 slices - perfect macro counting times ahead!