|Pea & Bacon Soup and Home-made Rye|
Most recipes are paleo / gluten free / sugar free for those with restrictions, I still eat some grains and sugar and ice-cream but all in moderation I say.
What I made this week:
Friday night (Date night meal):
- Oysters Kilpatrick - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/880/oysters+kilpatrick
- Chilli, Garlic and Prawn Spaghetti - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27928/garlic+chilli+prawn+pasta
- If you want to make zucchini spaghetti just use a mandolin slicer
- Nutella Pizza - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pizza-Dough-237338
- Made this pizza dough and just topped with Nutella and a little banana
- Sesame Crusted Beef - http://www.mindfood.com/?recipe=sesame-crusted-beef-with-ponzu-dressing-recipe
- I used Rump Steaks, I overcooked them by a fraction but it works all the same way!
- Kohlrabi 3 ways - http://www.notquitenigella.com/2012/07/02/4fourteen-surry-hills/
- Great blog on 4/14 my Kohlrabi 3 ways wasn't quite the same as Colin's but that's ok
- Char-grilled Baby Eggplant - I just roasted over the gas stove then cut in half and grilled - Easy!
- Ice Cream... Connoisseur... http://www.connoisseuricecream.com.au/black-label-range/the-connoisseur-black-range/#caramel-honey-macadamia
- Beef Rendang - http://www.healthyhelpings.com.au/
- Michelle's cook book is a constant go-to for me!
- Gobi Masala - http://www.amazon.com/Step-Authentic-Curries-step-guide/dp/0864119542
- I think I used this cook book at home and didn't deep fry the cauliflower - Google any old recipe and I'm sure it will be similar
- Pumpkin Coconut Curry - http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-cashew-coconut-curry-coconut-rice/
- Aloo Gobi - http://paleomg.com/paleo-aloo-gobi/
- Creamy Avocado & Spinach Chicken - http://paleomg.com/creamy-avocado-spinach-chicken-pasta/
- Shredded Lamb with Ginger and Prunes - http://emmajanetrains.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/shedded-lamb-with-ginger-prunes.html
- I make this almost every week!
- Pea & Bacon Soup - http://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/product/115/McKenzies_Dried_Peas
- I got the recipe off the pack of split peas! Only difference is I only had 100gm of bacon instead of a hamhock so I used that instead - also I used zucchini instead of celery as I had none & I blended the whole lot, it turned out fine :-)
- Home-made Wholemeal and Rye Bread - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10121/bread-in-four-easy-steps
- 300gm Wholemeal / 200gm rye Flour for this one
- Wholemeal Banana Bread - http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2012/02/07/spelt-banana-bread-or-the-last-banana-bread-recipe-youll-ever-need/
- I substitute spelt for wholemeal when I have none, yoghurt for buttermilk, home-made date paste for apple sauce and normally omit walnuts and raisins as they aren't things I regularly stock - just use this recipe as a base
- Pear & Hazelnut Scrolls -
|Home-Made Rye Bread & pear and Hazelnut Scrolls|
This morning I cooked 4 batches/30 banana pikelets. Woo 7 1/2 pikelets for breakfast everyday! It also means that everyday I'm away I only have to zap my breakky in the microwave.
Pikelets: 4 serves, makes 30.
- 2 bananas
- 480ml Egg Whites
- 60gm Quinoa Flakes
- 2 tsp psyllium husks
- Mix it all about with a stick whiz
- Lightly grease a large skillet
- Use a 1/8 measuring cup to pour batter
- Flip when they look bubbly on top