I like cooking for people, in a perfect world I could charge for this stuff and buy a house and have a veggie patch and I'd be cooking and training whenever I felt like it. That sentence makes me sound like a hippy. I'm not a hippy.
Enjoy this recipe, like the sweet potato brownies, I like these in the freezer. It is hot at the moment and frozen delicious things are an awesome way to finish my day!
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 teaspoon ground coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the topping
- 1 cup crumbled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons almond spread
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients: almond meal, shredded coconut, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then add your wet remaining ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix together.
- Grease a 8×8 or 9×9 glass baking dish and pour into the dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are browned and middle is completely cooked through.
- While your cake is cooking, pull out a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add your coconut oil, almond spread &cinnamon then almonds. Mix to coat almonds.
- Cook for a couple minutes longer being sure not to burn the almonds, but remove from heat.
- Once cake is done cooking, top with almonds and slightly press down to help stick to the cake.