Monday 20 May 2013

Hardly a Recipe - Kanga for the Time Poor & Progress!



So I got caught up with the scales on the weekend, after 4 weeks of dieting they had hardly shifted, maybe 1/2 a kilo to a kilo. I know I tell everyone else not to do this so I was being a complete hypocrite.

My coach was at a comp all weekend so without having my skins done I just started to stress a little bit about not losing body fat in due time... for September!

Anyway I took a little snapshot post training and sent it off after jumping on the scales disappointed the weight  hadn't dropped.

My coach sent back a text not to stress saying it looks like I've gained some serious muscle. (Or I am getting better at  posing lol). I then thought how about I compare comp prep 2012 to comp prep 2013. I'm about 3kg heavier on the right and I think I look great - I'm so happy with that progress in a year!!

So all in all it proves you probably shouldn't go by the scales at all - just like I said in the first place!

Also I have heard a little bit about my 'dedication' or what have you. I actually don't spend hours in the kitchen - for this past two weeks this has been my Kanga meat routine - EASY, CHEAP and EFFICIENT. Can't ask for more!

James and I are saving for a house so we have a budget to stick to for groceries (and everything else) so these little roasts are approx 1/2 the price of kanga steaks ($20 a kilo)

Ingredients:
  • 1 or 2 Kanga Mini Roasts (approx $10 a kilo)
  • 2 cups water


Method:
  1. Take mini roast out of packet - leave string on and place in slow cooker - add as many as you would like / will fit
  2. Add enough water that it's about an inch deep
  3. Turn on low and leave for the day
  4. Come home, remove meat from cooker (it will look a bit shrunken but don't fear it holds a lot of meat!), remove string and shred the meat, put shredded meat back into the slow cooker to absorb all the water & flavour (if you don't do this it will be dry and gross)
  5. Done - told you it was hardly a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment