The good news is you can't stuff up slow cooker meals. Stuff can't burn and the meat is always tender and amazing.
I packed in a heap of veges and sweet potato because I didn't want to make any accompanying dish. One pot wonder. Hoorah.
Also don't stress if you don't like something in the recipe or you want more of less of anything. Change it up and add pumpkin instead of sweet potato, mushrooms or whatever takes your fancy - my only caution is if you want to veges to look like veges after cut them BIG and chunky and go with sturdier veges rather than ones that might dissipate into the sauce.
- 700gm chuck steak. You can afford to go with cheap cuts here, buy whatever is on special, expensive meat is wasted in the slow cooker.
- 2 sweet potato - cut big and chunky
- 2 onions cut chunky
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped into big segments
- Maybe 4-6 celery stick cut up - I didn't count them - just use what you feel like!
- 1-2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 1 - 1 1/2cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Grind the pepper and seeds in a mortar and pestle
- Add all spices to stock and stir around
- Put all veges in slow cooker
- Add the steaks too, cover them with a few veges if you like, I did.
- Pour Stock and spices over the top
- Set and forget for 8-10 hours on low
- Return, uncover steaks and shred them with 2 forks.
- Serve with as many or as little veges as you like.