Friday 23 November 2012

Mango Smoothie

This week I've had a few people talk to be about giving up grains and dairy, or limiting them at least. I wanted to share my breakfast today because you would never know I've given up anything!

I had a mango smoothie & a slice of my banana bread. It was awesome, probably a fair few calories but Friday is my biggest training day so I'm not that phased.

You have to find what works for you and if, like me, you feel better eating a certain way, just do it. It's your body, if by not eating bread and pasta I FEEL better, then I'm the type of person who is going to look out for my health first!

As I've mentioned before I use my stick mixer all the time - this mornings recipe is sooooo simple. But it just proves you aren't missing out on anything at all!

Ingredients:
  • 1 mango
  • 1 cup full fat coconut milk
  • 1 tsp nut spread
  • 1 slice banana bread
Method

  1. Take all of the flesh off a mango and put a suitable container & add coconut milk
  2. Blitz it! it will be thick and creamy!
  3. Put banana bread in the toaster
  4. Spread with nut butter of your choice & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment